Tired of eating scrambled or fried eggs? Try baked eggs!
We always have eggs for breakfast but having scrambled or fried eggs all the time can be boring. So why not bake it?
Here’s a simple baked eggs recipe. What’s great about this recipe it is already a meal in itself. You’ve got your protein and carbs (from veggies or when served with toasts).
You can also be creative in the fillings. Just throw in what you’ve got in your fridge!
Recipe follows after the images below. Pardon the out-of-focus pics. My camera was on a mount and I didn’t know the focusing was not properly set.
Brush the ramekins or muffin tins with olive oil or butter. This helps prevent the everything from sticking.
To keep this dish on the healthy side, use lean bacon, back bacon or turkey bacon.
It’s up to you if you want the eggs scrambled or not. Either way, it will come out great.
Add your favorite herbs. I suggest basil since it goes really well with tomatoes. Unfortunately, I’m still out of basil so I put oregano and thyme.
Regular tomatoes are fine if you don’t have cherry tomatoes. Just chop them up to fit in the ramekins.
Baked Eggs with Herbs and Cherry Tomatoes Recipe:
Ingredients (per serving):
3 strips of lean bacon (or turkey bacon)
herbs like basil, oregano or thyme (from your herb garden)
salt and pepper
3-5 pcs cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Brush olive oil in muffin tins or ramekins. Line the bottom and sides with lean bacon or turkey bacon.
3. Add the eggs into the ramekins. You can also beat the eggs if you prefer.
4. Throw in a few herbs and cherry tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste
5. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until eggs reach the desired doneness.
1. Be creative with the fillings! You throw in some tuna, salmon or other meat for variety.
2. Be careful when pulling out the ramekins. They’re hot!
If you want to indulge a bit, sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on top.