Here’s one of my favorite drinks made from two of my favorite fruits!
1 orange, segmented (see image below on how to segment)
1 red apple, cored and sliced
1 cup ice cubes
1/2 cup water
1. Throw everything in a blender and blend!
1. It’s best to segment the orange so you don’t have the pith and membrane(pericarp), which will make your smoothie taste bitter.
2. After segment the orange, squeeze the membrane(pericaprp) to get some more juice.
3. You can peel the apple if you want. I didn’t peel mine since I’m lazy.
Btw, if you don’t know how to segment an orange, check out the image below:
1. Slice of the top and bottom of the orange using a paring knife (top left)
2. Cut of the remaining skin. Try not to cut off too much of the flesh (top right)
3. Cut out the fleshy part of the orange by making cuts alongside the membrane. (bottom)
There you go! Enjoy!
P.S. What is your favorite smoothie recipe? Hit the comments!